1 Up cycling a stool | Mooch Style

Up cycling a stool


How to up cycle a stool 

We have caught the Up cycle buzz! 

I find myself trawling TradeMe for the bargain of the week and calling into the local Eco-Store to see if they have anything of value.  Up cycling is a whole lot of fun if you have a bit of time on your hands and have a creative eye. Our weekends have turned from parties and clubbing to painting and stapling haha.

The $1.50 Stool 

I got this bad boy off TradeMe, I must admit in the right place it would have looked okay, it needed a bit of love though.  I had some left over paint and fabric from a project last week so decided to start work straight away.

  • Firstly I sanded the whole thing back with a heavy grit sand paper, finishing with a fine grit and wiping down with a damp cloth.
  • I then applied an undercoat twice, allow 15 - 20 minutes between coats and hold the can 30 Centimeters away so you don't get runs.

  • I taped off the legs with masking tape to keep the legs natural, its such an awesome trend at the moment that is worth giving a go!
  • I then applied two coats of white to the undercoat and let dry completely.

  • Once dry I took off the tape (this is the exciting part) and BAM - you have natural legs.
  • I then applied 2 layers of plastic coat spray to coat the legs and the white so cleaning is easy (not a must but I like to do it) WARNING - this darkens the wood 
  • My Girl Friend I enjoy the part to come... covering the cushion, this lets us get creative with the area we can see the piece going in. We go down to spotlight and get a meter of fabric - we use the left overs on other things much like we have done here
  • fold the edges over nice and tight then staple down with a staple gun - my advice here is to make sure you get the corners nicely tucked in so the cushion will fit in nicely.


Annnnnnnnd we are done!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Follow us on Instagram and please feel free to leave comments/questions : ) 



Unknown

No comments:

Post a Comment