1 DIY Trestle Desk | Mooch Style

DIY Trestle Desk

The Trestle Desk

I have wanted a table like this for a while but didn't want to fork out the cash for one that I couldn't see in a store (most are available only online).

A friend mentioned that Mitre 10 has a campaign called "easy as"..... Loving the name I went online to check it out and noticed they had an awesome video of how to make one.  The dimensions etc were perfect for our office space and the guy in the video describes how to make it in such a kiwi way I couldn't help but watch it through.

A few weeks went by and I was walking through the hardware store buying vege plants and the 1800mm pine top caught my eye - next thing I knew $110.00 later I had everything I needed to make a trestle desk, walking out to the carpark I was stressing that it would fit in my Mazda Axela - it ended up fitting just fine.

Check out this link to Mitre 10 Megas videoyou can play around with the finishing in the timber and the table top.

The finish I have went with is just adding water to white paint and rubbing on the wood with a cloth, it only needs one coat to take the bland look from the wood. I have paired it with a replica Eames Chair from Kmart. The large image is The Mound II by Ruben Ireland.

The video as mentioned above literally was "easy as" to follow, I might make another for Georgia - better yet - make it with her!

Would love to hear if you have made one - feel free to leave questions if you have any, this saves you roughly $200.00 and gives you the satisfaction of building it yourself.




Unknown

No comments:

Post a Comment